What are Binaural Beats?
Binaural Beats are two frequencies of sound are given to separate ears.
This creates a kind of auditory illusion by making the two frequencies of sound ever so slightly different.
The word Binaural is made up of “Bi” meaning two and “aural” which relates to the ear and sense of hearing.
To help you simply understand how Binaural beats work imagine when you strum two guitar strings together as you are tuning it. Once these sound frequencies get close on the strings of the guitar a slow pulsing beat can be heard.
The theory behind Binaural Beats can be rather difficult to grasp, but don’t worry it’s not all that important if you are here for Astral Projection and Lucid dreaming.
Let me just quickly explain the theory and how we calculate and we can move on.
To calculate the rate and frequency of a beat we must work out the difference in the two frequencies that are being played.
If you are listening to 2 frequencies one at 210Hz and one at 220Hz, then the beats per second would be 10 or 10Hz.
Binaural Beats and The Brain
To understand Binaural beats and how they effect the brain we must first understand how brain waves do.
Brain Waves and the brain
Thoughts, behavioral reaction and emotions are the results of neurons in the brain and electrical impulses (signals)
A large number of neurons are released together with the same pattern and rhythm these are synchronized and ultimately create what we know as “brain waves”
Brain waves vary in speed and sound frequency, from slow to fast, to low and high amplitudes & frequencies.
Brain waves can be categorized into 5 different major functions.
For Astral projection, there are only 2 types of waves that are relevant.
Delta and Theta waves.
Delta Waves are slow and loud and run from a frequency of around 0.5 to 3Hz. They are related to deep meditation, dreamless sleep and self-healing.
Theta Waves run from a frequency of about 3 – 8Hz and have been found to be related to meditation, intuition, creativity, the subconscious, dreaming and spatial navigation.
Various levels of these brain waves are released constantly at any given time.
What do Binaural Beats Do To Our Brains?
Different parts of the brain have different functions and purposes, the part we will talk about first is called the superior olivary complex. This can be found in the brainstem and will determine the direction of sounds.
The superior olivary complex performs an “entrainment” after synchronizing the different neurons.
So when binaural beats are played through the ear the brain then sends the sounds and frequency to the superior olivary complex which in turn creates change in brain waves.
Binaural beats can increase the strength of brain waves, which effectively will enhance or decrease emotional and other functions.
Benefits of Binaural Beats
- Help with Anxiety – In a study with 15 volunteers, binaural beats that were played for 30 minutes in the theta range helped reduce anxiety.
- Centre your attention – In studies using Gamma and Beta binaural beats students enhanced sustained attention and attention to visual details.
- Lift your mood – Listening to 30 Minutes of Theta beats helped to decrease stress, fatigue and confusion in a study of 8 volunteers.
- Ease Pain – A scientific study took 28 participants who suffer from chronic pain and made them listen to theta beats, the results showed that the pain was decreased.
- Increase Memory – Listening to just 15 minutes of Theta binaural beats increased short-term verbal memory in a study of 20 participants. Working & Long Term memory were also dramatically increased using other binaural beats.
- Help with meditation – Just 30 minutes of theta binaural beats increased the brain activity that is associated with meditation and a deep meditative state. This was carried out in a controlled study of 28 volunteers.
- Improve sleep behavior – Theta Binaural beats improved sleep quality in a study of 15 participants.
It’s fair to say that binaural beats have been scientifically proven to have many positive effects.
Can Binaural Beats Help With Astral Projection?
So this is what this article has been leading to, this is what you have arrived here for! Let’s get to it.
Many people will tell you that Binaural beats can induce lucid dreaming or astral projection, this is simply not true. With that being said they can and will help you with astral projection.
In order to perform a successful astral projection, you will need to know how to astrally project and have at least practised the basic methods first.
Not only the knowledge of astral projection plays an important part but other aspects in your life to like a healthy diet, good sleep patterns, regular meditation etc
So if you are thinking of binaural beats as a shortcut into astral projection think again! Binaural beats will only assist and guide you. The rest is down to you.
Click here for our FREE astral projection beginners guide.
Are binaural beats dangerous?
Because binaural beats change the way our brains work and think for a short period of time there is often worries of danger.
However, binaural beats pose no danger whatsoever and are perfectly safe.
Do not obviously use binaural beats to astrally project while driving along a motorway though.
How do I use binaural beats for astral projection?
Often people will start by searching for binaural beats on music or video hosting sites like YouTube, Dailymotion or Spotify. You will find the right beats on them, what you won’t find though is the right quality.
If you are serious about using binaural beats for astral projection then you should look at using a professionally created and recorded beat.
We’ve found some great binaural beats at Ennora. They also have ones specifically for Astral Projection.
If you would like to listen to many different Binaural beats for free then you can sign up to Amazon unlimited here. This will give you access not only to Binaural beats for astral projection but binaural beats for other purposes, along with access to millions of songs.
TIP: Use headphones – It is important to use stereo headphones. This is due to the binaural beats using different sounds and frequencies. Alternating sounds are played through each side of the headphones. This can only be possible in stereo. Headphones will also allow you to block out background noise and distractions.
To use the binaural beats to assist you when you want to astral project simply go about your techniques the same way as you have learnt. Put your stereo headphones on and press play then carry out your usual technique.
There is no special way of using the binaural beats for astral projection just use them as an aid. Relax and listen while following out the steps from our beginner’s guide or whatever has worked for you in the past.
Binaural Beats and Astral Projection Summary
So to summarise this article of how binaural beats can help with astral projection:
- Invest in quality binaural beats not free ones from media sites.
- Use stereo headphones to listen to your beats.
- Relax and carry out your astral projection technique as you usually would while listening to the beats.
- Binaural beats do not induce astral projection but simply guide and assist.
- Binaural beats are safe and not dangerous providing you are at home relaxed laid down when using them.
- Binaural beats work much better when following a healthy lifestyle and with some experience in meditation.
Links & Resources
Best Binaural Beats For Astral Projection Here >>>